Re: NTLK abcnews.com article

From: Kenneth Wong (ghoonk@mailworld.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 04:35:18 EDT

Obviously the people at ABC still have the impression that Newton = Original
MessagePad and have not tried the 2x00 models. The poor sods.

In any case, I'm beginning to question journalism today. Many journalists
these days tennd to be very ill-informed and biased with their writing. And
they obviously have no sense of comparison. Newton = PDA, and Palm = PDA,
therefore they can be compared? huh? What happened to comparing apples (no
pun intended) and apples? The Newton is obviously able to do so much more (I
still get a big kick out of running my MP2100 as a mobile web server using
NPDS and impressing the hell out of my Palm-toting buddies) than the Palm
and should be given due credit. Price-wise, by the time one outfits the Palm
with a 33.6 modem and a keyboard, it would appear to be qite comparable to a
Newton. Besides, the Newton has PCMCIA slots with which I can add memory, a
network card (modem or ethernet) or a GPS system.

I do own a Palm and I know what it can and cannot do. That's why my trusty
Newt's still my main machine for REAL work. The Palm handles the little
things like appointments and phone numbers :)

Kenneth