Re: NTLK faster NCU on MAC

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 04:10:38 EDT

Brad Handler wrote:
> At the end of the backup, just as the
> actual synch should start, I get a dialog box stating the connection
> is closing because of an error. Then, FNCU crashes with a type 3
> error. Any ideas?
I got sometimes bad crashes on a Crescendo G3 (ex PPC6100/60 speeded up
from 60 to 240MHz). The Mac hangs, keeping the screen content but with
about 8 colour changing pixels in the upper left screen corner, no
bombs, no error msgs, nothing special.
The reason for these intermittent crashes I found in the network load of
my hub. In the company network the crashes occur all the time and at
home not at all. I think that the router at home has somewhat nearly no
traffic and the one in the office indicates sometimes collisions too.
I don't know the reasons for your crashes but it would be easy to
disconnect your G4 from an eventually loaded/slow network.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing ****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!