NTLK Re: NUSheild alternatives??

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 21:04:57 EDT

* "Drew Loker" <lokerd@hotmail.com> on Mon, 17 Apr 2000
| Well, I jsut got my first NUSheild installed and I have to say I am not
| impressed (sorry NUSheild). Maybe it is something that will grow on me, but
| these are the problems I am having:

| 1. Text recognition is noticeably off...too much to live with

WriteRights have better "contact" with the display panel than Barriers
(what NuShields were originally called), so this is less of a problem, or
not one at all.

| 2. Reduced contrast...requiring back light more often
| 3. Reduced angle of view tolerance
| 4. Dimmed backlight operation

These will be an issue no matter what kind of protective film you install,
though I have never needed to resort to the backlight due to low contrast.

| 5. Not in a fixed position (like it needs to be .5mm wider) as it does not
| quite fit under both the left and right side (the straight sides that
| is...top and bottom of newton).

AFAIK, they should fit snugly. If they do not, you should probably contact
the vendor.

| 6. Difficult to keep lint out during install, and during operation. In just
| a short while, I have had lint creep in?!?!

This is probably the most significant reason I dislike Barriers.
WriteRights are immune to this problem.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!