NTLK NUSheild alternatives??

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 15:31:25 EDT

Well, I jsut got my first NUSheild installed and I have to say I am not
impressed (sorry NUSheild). Maybe it is something that will grow on me, but
these are the problems I am having:

1. Text recognition is noticeably off...too much to live with
2. Reduced contrast...requiring back light more often
3. Reduced angle of view tolerance
4. Dimmed backlight operation
5. Not in a fixed position (like it needs to be .5mm wider) as it does not
quite fit under both the left and right side (the straight sides that
is...top and bottom of newton).
6. Difficult to keep lint out during install, and during operation. In just
a short while, I have had lint creep in?!?!

I am just wondering how other people have justified these sacrifices. I had
not scratched my screen in three years, and then picked up two small, but
careless scratches last month so I thought I should get something. I read
the reviews, and it seemed like this was the one to go with. Does the other
option (what is it again?) stack up even worse in the above areas? it seems
like the NuSheild would actually be pretty cool if it was just a bit
thinner, and then would stick in place!?!?

Thanks for any feedback!

Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!