Re: NTLK Newton/Now Contact 3.8, 3.9

From: News@Ockhams
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 17:05:33 EDT

Can you be a little more specific.
Are you getting an error while syncing? or is it not connecting ?

How are you connecting to your computer ?

Is the connection preference set in Now Sync ?

What OS are you running on the desktop ?

This is how I do it (Works every time)

Set appletalk on the computer (powerbook using serial port or Ethernet)

1) Set AppleTalk in the prefs screen on the newton

connect cables, begin now sync on the desktop and then start the now sync on
the newton (yes there should be a Nsync.pkg (nothing to do with the group
that stole the name) on the newton) You should get a chooser window so that
you can select your computer via apple talk (all this time the computer is
waiting for the connection, there is no rush the desktop program is more
patient than the newt) You should be able to choose and away she goes.

 Important note : There is a HUGE delay on the first sync (you read the read
me right) I mean huge, like go get a coffee 190 records approx 15 minutes.

Make certain that you have lots of heap space free (GCstat or same installed
?) No heap = crash

Let me know if it is something else.

> From: Arthur Greenwald <arthur@kidvid.com>
> Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:37:28 -0700
> To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
> Subject: Re: NTLK Newton/Now Contact 3.8, 3.9
>
> Peter,
>
> Taking advantage of your kind help, I did download NowSync plus the patch
> but it does not seem to work with my Now Contact file generated by version
> 3.8. I'm synching with an upgraded MP 2000. Any insights?
>
> Arthur

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!