NTLK AvantGo

From: Bradley Smith (BradleyS@artisansw.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 05:28:11 EDT

Hi Gang,

Thought you might like to see the reply I got from AvantGo after asking them
for assistance in getting their product working with the Newton.
Basically it's a very polite way of saying no way. I'm in the process of
checking out their developer stuff to see if we could write our own.

-------------
Dear Bradley,

Thanks for the request/suggestion. Quite a few of us around here are
ex-Newton users, and we certainly understand how cool the MessagePads are.

We do, however, have our work cut out for us keeping up with the explosion
of Palm, Windows CE, and smart phone mobile computers. For better or worse,
the shrinking number of Newton devices just doesn't justify converting
AvantGo, no matter how much we love the platform.

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch,

Best regards,
AvantGo Support

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:44:17 -0700 (PDT) bradleys@artisansw.com wrote:
>Hi,
>I want to view AvantGo channels on My Newton device. Is there a way to do
this? I don't care about synching the channels etc. and I already have a web
browser. The Avantgo Channels would be an excellent addition to the Newton
as viewing full web pages takes too long. I don't expect you to write a
Newton AvantGo browser obviously but wondered if there was some way you
could help us Newton user access AvantGo channels on our devices?

>Most Newton owners are highly unlikely to switch platform so buying a Palm
or CE machine isn't really an option.

>Any help or advice appreciated.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!