Re: NTLK RE: newtontalk Pretec Card Problem

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 12:30:59 EDT

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 Khaled M. Z. Tewfik wrote:

-----------
>I pressed and held the stylus as prescribed and right after the black screen. I said no to actrvating the internal store, but was never asked about the card the unformated yet write protected card error message was all I got.
>
>I give up.
Hey Khaled,
Don't give up just yet. Did you tap the screen again after taping no to Internal store? You have to repeat the same procedure for Card.

Have you also tried formatting the Card using Drive Setup from a Powerbook? I remembered you're on Mac right? I have come across some Cards which are thought to be hosed yet they somehow could be saved and Pretec Cards are known to be well made. I've got 8 of them and they really are robust. The only failed card was an 8 MB from a friend but I managed to get it to 6 MB of use. The other 2 MB was somehow "lost".

BTW, what is the size of your Card, and what were you doing when it failed? Sorry but I got lost as to how this thread started.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!