Re: NTLK RE: newtontalk Pretec Card Problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 12:06:59 EDT

"Khaled M. Z. Tewfik" wrote:

> ------=============
>
> I hope I can show it to you visually.
> _______________
> l l
> l X l
> l l
> l______________l
>
> I hope you can make that out. Make sure you tap and hold till the dialog box appear.
>
> Kenny Song
>
> And Robert Benshop wrote,
>
> always wait until I see the
> startup screen (the one with the Newton logo on it) and put my pen 1/2 inch
> from the left (I always have my Newton in landscape) and right after that I
> get the dialog asking if I want to disable or enable my packages.
>
> ============
>
> Thanks to all of you for all the help. But nothing Could help I'm afraid.
>
> I pressed and held the stylus as prescribed and right after the black screen. I said no to actrvating the internal store, but was never asked about the card the unformated yet write protected card error message was all I got.

Well, but once you're asked for the internal store, you need to go back press the screen again for any external store you might have. If not, than you won't be prompted. Maybe it won't help, but I think you should try again, and make sure you're pressing the screen
again immediately after you top No to the dialog that asks you if you want to activate packages on the internal store.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!