Re: NTLK Viewing JPG BMP files on MP130?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 10:22:18 EDT

Mike Stocker wrote:

> Is there a program that will allow me to view JPG or BMP files on my MP130?
>
> I am just looking to be able to view images, like maps or drawings.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael

The only piece of software I ever heard about that displays JPG is Newtscape.
Actually, you don't need the whole Newtscape package, but one extension that
comes with it. And the only way to get this extension is by buying Newtscape.
However, read the docs carefully, as this won't let you JPGs everywhere in your
Newton. If you use Newtscape to browse the web, then you'll be able to see
those pictures. I know that one of the latest version of SimpleMail also uses
this extension to display emails that contain JPGs picture.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!