Re: NTLK Mailserver for sending email over ethernet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 15:15:00 EDT

jberman@indiana.edu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just got my Etherwave card working and I've been trying to send
> email. Unfortunately, my Newt keeps trying to contact the mailserver at my
> old ISP (which I used to dial in to w/ my modem). I have deleted the
> Internet Setup for my old ISP, but it still tries to use the old
> mailserver. I've looked through all of the "prefs" I can think of, but I
> can't find where to change the mailserver address. My current Ethernet
> configuration uses DHCP, and I put in the general domain name where I am
> (indiana.edu).
>
> Can anyone tell me where to change the mailserver for email?

It would be helpful if you let us know what email package your using to get
your email. If it's Enroute, personal email info is stored in the owner cards,
in the Owner Info application. After opening OI, tap your card. Tap "Show ->
All Info". Scroll to the end and you should see an entry saying "Enroute
Settings". Tap that and modify any information you want in the dialog that
will appear.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!