NTLK Power Hungry (Farallon) EtherWave connector - Alternative?

From: Glenn Costa (gcosta@p085.aone.net.au)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 08:57:26 EDT

Hi all,

I've a Farallon Ethernet PCMCIA card that works great with my MP2k. It
came with an EtherWave twin connector hub that allows hooking to an
Ethernet chain. I don't usually need to do that. Primary use is direct
to my Mac PowerBook. The EtherWave hub works but really guzzles Newt's
battery. Farallon part number for the whole kit is PN895.

Is it possible to connect the MP2k and PB without the power hungry,
heavy and bulky EtherWave connector? Suggestions on a dongle/cable part
number and where to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Glenn

P.S. Hi Tim (from Aunty), D, Stephen & Charlie - Not many Vegemites on
this list!

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!