NTLK How to update emate system version?

From: Glenn Roe (myhome@cwnet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 03:16:26 EDT

Hi Newtontalkers!

I noticed the recent posts about different versions of the emate Newton
OS acting differently in regard to efficient use of heap memory. I care
for four emates, so I checked each of them out. Only one has the 737246
version mentioned, and does use heap much more efficiently according to
the Avi's Backdrop readout of the heap memory available. How can I
update the other three emates to this more efficient version of the
Newton OS? I also care for a half dozen MP2100s and wondered if the same
situation is applicable to them. They all run Newton OS version 717260.
Will the newer version on the emate work on the MP2100s? And again where
do I find it, or can I beam it or tranfer it through my Mac or on a
card. Another thing I was wondering is if you can hook up two MPs or an
MP and emate by connecting them directly with a serial cable? Sorry to
have so much to ask at once. Thanks . . . .

Glenn Roe

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!