NTLK Re: D-Link Ethernet PC Card

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 23:32:38 EDT

* "Laurent Chardon" <Laurent@sytek.on.ca> on Wed, 05 Apr 2000
| Yes, it works. I have the D-Link DE660CT card and it works fine with the
| ATLAN drivers on the Newton.

What is the difference bewteen the DE-660 and the DE-660CT, anyway?

[...]

| I didn't notice an exceptional battery drain from it.

Normally, my MP2100 has a draw of about 60-65uA according to Avi's Backdrop
(I'm not entirely certain of the unit measurement). This spikes up to
about 110uA with my 3C589D live. The DE-660 is a little higher than that,
to my recollection. Mine is not handy, so I cannot check it, sorry.

One thing in favor of the 3Com card: you can get 6' dongles for it. These
have a Honda plug on one end and an RJ45 plug on the other, and come with a
RJ45 gender changer, just in case. Price is about $9 from CDW. I think
you can use them with the Farallon cards as well, but I have never tried it.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!