Re: NTLK Heap vs. Storage

From: Michael Strange (mstrange@americainter.net)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 15:54:03 EDT

Hi

----- Original Message -----
From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com>
> No, that is not correct. You can't have only 155K of free heap. On my
2100, with
> AVI's backdrop, DashBoard and a plethora of packages, I still manage to
have
> around 260K of free heap, as shown by Avi's Backdrop and also by
DashBoard. So,
> there is obviously something wrong, unless you're talking about a 2000. I
was
> under the impression that you had upgraded your 2000 to a 2100.

OOPS wrong labeling....I have an UNUpgraded MP2k....So that would be an
uump2k. My wrong. And Yes I only had 155k free.

> That's it! Adding 3 times the memory your original MP2000 had will roughly
give
> you about 3 times as much heap you had on your MP2000, which was, if I
remember
> correctly, something around 110K. So, 400K is a big increase of 300K! 3
times as
> much!

That is a large increase, but it is still odd that the system would suddenly
hog that much memory. IF 845 was enough prior to upgrade, it should still
be enough.

> Well, when it says System RAM: 3984K, that's heap. Except that the system
uses
> most of it.

Bummer.

Michael