RE: NTLK Re: Implant on Newton 2000

From: Jon Shurtleff (jon.shurtleff@munich.netsurf.de)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 04:55:37 EST

I would only add to this that ethernet and/or modem may not work when
accelerated. My ethernet does not but my modem does. I think this may
depend on the devices used and how they get their clock and handle their
timing.

Other than than that, it sounds like there really are machine dependent
problems with the increased speed such as the bus errors and screen problems
mentioned below. But I guess I'm fortunate that my machine has behaved
completely normally except for the serial and PCMCIA issues. I don't have
to be careful about when I switch it. I just turn it on with a quick flip
and if I want the backlight I tap on Dashboard. You could do the same thing
with one of the freeware backlight buttons. If I'm not sure whether it's in
fast or slow mode, I've programmed Dashboard to play Buffy the Vampire
Slayer screaming when I gesure 'S' and I can tell from the pitch of the
sound.

Jon.