NTLK MP2100 w/ Amnesia

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer@nsf.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 16:44:22 EST

I just did a Brain Wipe about a week ago, including wiping and restoring my
cards, and I am running into some strange owner card behaviour.

My Name, Signature, e-mails, birthdate and EnRoute settings appear stable,
but no matter how many times I input my Company, Mailing Address, and
Phones, they go away again within a couple of days (which implies a few soft
resets). An immediate soft reset seems to have no effect (i.e. everything
is still there). I notice this because my PIN startup screen will suddenly
lose the line with the owner phone number.

This made me think about the issue of the owner info being a special type of
Names card, and how the default store settings affect the owner info. I
would assume that owner info is stored on the internal store no matter what
you have selected, since the only item in Owner Info->i->Prefs is whether or
not to use the system password. But, given my experience with transient
data, now I am not so sure. Perhaps the 'new' info is being put on the card
store, and the system looks for it on internal under some special
circumstance, and finds nothing? But why would some slots be stable and
others not?

Opinions? Fixes? Spells?

TIA

Paul