Re: NTLK How: Power Adapter

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 09:16:17 EST

Sybil McDonald wrote:

> I can't get my power adapter to work. I have a MP100 and my adapter is a
> H1300 (DC 7.0V) Is there any help out there?

I would suspect that the cable, around the plug that goes in your MP to be
broken. That happened to me once. I had to buy a new plug, cut the wire and
solder it on the new plug.

The first thing would be to check for power at the plug using a multimeter.
If there is no power, I would cut the wires just before the plug and check
for power there. If there is still no power, I would carefully examine the
wires for any visible damage, like it's been bent badly or something like
that. If you can't find anything, then there is not much you can do, I'm
afraid.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!