Re: NTLK getting items OUT (was AvailWorksvs.NewtonWorks with...)

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 10:50:21 EST

>You know, even if the PrintPack doesn't specifically supports the latest
>printer
>models, usually you can pick a model in PrintPack that was a previous
>model for the
>same kind of printer. For instance, the "HP LaserJet" driver will print to
>most HP
>LaserJet based printers. Most of the recent models always support an older
>protocol
>that came on an older printer. So, sometimes you might just want to try
>and see if
>it works.

Well, I'm not able to print to an HPdeskjet 540, using what should be the
correct driver (according to Printpack 2.0 .pdf docs), and I tried using
the older suggested Brother laser driver for my Brother HL-1250, and the
Canon BJ10ex driver for a Canon BJ200ex, with no luck.

I've ben meaning to grab the manuals from the vaious manufacturers web
sites to find out which of those printers have an ":Epson LQ" mode, and
then in theoy that driver would work, but I've not got around to that yet.

PLUS, I'm supposed to have a "LaserjetII" driver in the printpack 2.0
(according to the .pdf) but I only have a "Laserjet".

I posted baout this a few days ago but received no replies, so had kinda
written off being able to print, based on lack of any useful drivers. If
I'd bought the printpack just for the MP, I'd be very annoyed!

Brian

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!