Re: NTLK getting items OUT (was AvailWorksvs.NewtonWorkswith... )

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 12:09:32 EST

>Brian McEwen wrote:

>> I posted about this a few days ago but received no replies, so had kinda
>> written off being able to print, based on lack of any useful drivers. If
>> I'd bought the printpack just for the MP, I'd be very annoyed!
>
>Hmmm. What kind of cable are you using between your MP and your printer?

I am using the Printpack cable from Infowave, the latest version.

With the newer printers at work, I'd only tried the newer version of the
cable- they have an older version (that came with a round sticker on the
parallel connector- I forget the revision # of the cable) that will work on
many older printers, but not the newer ones-(at least when hooked to a
desktop Mac).

Can someone else confirm that there really exists a "laserjetII" printer
driver on THEIR installation of the 2.0 printpack newton package? the
manual lists it almost exclusively, yet I don't get that installed, just
"laserjet". This might explain the troubles I had with the purported
laserjet-compatibles...unless they are the same thing, really, just named
differently.

Brian

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!