Re: NTLK FS: MessagePad 2100 + extras (UK)

From: Sunder (sunder@anon7b.sunder.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 10:01:51 EST

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Bradley Smith wrote:

> Sadly I may have to let my beloved Newton go. My girlfriend says it's silly
> of me to start developing software for a dead platform (I have to agree) and
> we need the money these days so I'm going to have to switch to delevoping
> for Palm (who shouted traitor?!).

That's very sad, your girlfriend doesn't understand you, worse, she's
trying to change you. IMHO, keep the Newton and dump the girl, she's bad
for you. Next thing you know she'll ask you to change other aspects of
your life, put the toilet seat down, watch weepy movies with her, give up
eating red meat, and get dragged to go shopping with her, where she'll
parade endless dresses, shoes and other items before you for hours while
you'll be wishing you had a loaded .45 in your pocket to put yourself out
of your misery.

Keep something in mind: girls have this tendancy to be attracted to guys,
and then change the very things that attracted them, so ultimately it ends
up becoming a nasty breakup and you end up wondering what the F happened.

Besides, girls come and go, but Newts are rare and become more and more
so.

Mine was so totally cool with my collection of old, but historicaly
important "junk" hardware, that I just had to marry her. :) And for her
birthday last year, I got her a nice Newt 2000, which later I replaced
with an upgraded 2000. She's totally happy with the Newt having seen and
used a Palm V. My wife loves the Newt and hates the Palm. She found the
Newt totally useful while the Palm wasn't usable, let alone useful. Like
me, she hates graffiti.

Just my $0.02USD. :)

> On a positive note it means one of you lucky people has the chance to own a
> new Messagepad!

Hey, if you're suckered into giving it up, there's one more Newt for the
rest of us who know which is worth more. :)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!