Re: NTLK Brainwipe

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 07:48:57 EST

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 Chuck Lehman wrote:

-----------
>I have a MP 2100 having purchased it new once it came out. I have never done
>any brainwipes or major cleaning of the system. I have been having trouble
>with internet connections, email, etc. Should this action be taken on a
>regular basis or is there other methods to gain more heap and clean up some
>of these other problems? Thanks for the Newton Community and NewtonTalk.
>
>Chuck
There's nothing like a brain wipe and restore to get your MP2100 back in shape. You should of course be selective when restoring and take the opportunity to remove any soups or pkgs you no longer want or need.

If the restore don't cure your problems, restore again minus the system Info. You'll need to reconfigure some preferences, but that's no big deal.

It's nerve wracking for first timers though.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!