Re: NTLK Re: New Apple PDA?

From: rothesay@sprynet.com
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 12:14:50 EST

The palm screen is already completely writable, but it really is too small
to use it like a Newton screen. I have JOT on my Palm Vx which enables me
to write anywhere on the screen, in regular letters - NOT GRAFITTI - but I
still gravitate towards the input boxes at the bottom of the screen. The
reason for this is it's too small to write and see what you're doing the way
you can with a Newton.

The Palm is pocketable (its best feature), but it's still a long way from
the Newt. Sometimes when using a Palm, it reminds me of the 1.x Newton OS,
almost. If Apple comes out with a Palm OS licensed PDA, it still won't be
able to replace the Newton, since it's too difficult to get real work done
on a Palm. Overlooking input issues, the Palm is a great datebook, but not
much more.

Matt