Re: NTLK Off Topic - Mac Help

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 10:14:14 EST

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 2:22 PM, Alexander W. Hertzog
<mailto:newton_nicodemus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Honestly with as many problems as they have I don't know how they
maintain
> such a large customer base. But then the same can be said for other
> companies/services as well...

I hate to stick up for AOL, but I've been with them since '94. Although
things got tough for a while, Overall, I've been happy with them. Their
Newton software archive is topnotch, and their newton discussion boards
used to be great. They still have a weekly chat for the few, faithful. The
newer software is actually usable. I have no plans to drop them anytime
soon. Another plus--they have phone numbers almost everywhere, and if there
isn't one, they have the 800 numbers. With Aloha, it's functionality is
even greater. So, I suppose you could say that, in spite of their problems,
they have a relatively satisfied user base. :-)

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5@aol.com>