NTLK Avoid Quit All app when finding...

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 01:04:06 EST

>DL> On my Mac, I had a program that would let me quit all open programs.

>Sort of... just go and Find something; as soon as you tap on >something
>found,
>all apps beside the one of the found document and the backdrop are >closed.
>Someone pointed this out some weeks earlier and would rather have >had the
>apps
>stay open while finding...
>So it's rather a side effect.

A rather nasty side effect I might add. Actually, to avoid the apps from
being closed, I make sure that I always either such form the App I think it
is in, or use the selected option whcih does not shut down the other apps.

I need the Quit ALl featuere when I want to open say a different program
that is going to use a lot of memory.

Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!