NTLK Re: Audio Adapter

From: Sunder (sunder@anon7b.sunder.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 16:07:22 EST

NewtonOz wrote:

> I have a few engineering friends working on a few models that we can
> "mass" produce.
>
> We're also trying to find that stupid serial chip in decent price and
> quanity (not the mini-din, the serial port negotiator thing--hey, I'm
> not an engineer).
>
> BTW: How much would you guys be willing to pay for such a thing?

$20 for just audio in/out. $50-$75 with a second serial port (i.e. an
interconnect adapter with audio in/out and two serial ports.)

The latter would be VERY useful to me as I could use it as a terminal
around the Sun boxes at work and be able to use the keyboard also.

Now, if someone were to write an SSH client, I'd be in Newton heaven!

--
 + ^ +  Sunder              "Only someone completely distrustful of   /|\

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!