Re: NTLK Tip: recording voice notes

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 15:01:19 EST

You are correct in most instances...Internal stores
are faster...but! The type of ram card also makes a
difference. There are two types for the Newton...those
that need a battery and those that do not...If you
have the kind that doesn't have a battery, then
yes...that is slow...very slow. In fact, I have found
these cards to be so slow, I don't even use them for
interactive use (I have several for my digital camera
and it takes to long to store to the card) I have
several 1 and 2mb cards for my Newt with batteries
that I use for all voice recording...never had a
problem.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Khaled Tewfik <khaledt@mac.com> wrote:
> From time to time I used to record sound notes. I me
> this feature to help me
> rehearse presentations as well as recording short
> meetings for minutes
> documentation later.
>
> I have a 24 Mb card that I thought will give me the
> ability to record longer
> sound segments. But all I was getting was chopped
> sound bytes. For example,
> If I was to record 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, I would only get
> 1, 3, 5. The sound bits
> are so chopped that the whole sound record feature
> became useless.
>
> By coincidence I discovered the cure: limit all
> recordings to the internal
> store. Any recording to external stores is doomed to
> get choppy. I guess
> external stores are not fast enough.
>
> Dr. Khaled M. Tewfik,
> Saudi Arabia

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!