RE: NTLK NTlk Connection

From: Mike Hellers (mike@hellers.lu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 12:51:01 EST

Hi Marco,

> many thanks for your hints regarding analogue PPP to Ethernet routing.
> I'm in favour of LINUX idea but have so far no experience nor a free
> PEECEE, but some spare Macs :-) Maybe LINUX on a Mac would do the job
> too (Vicomsoft router doesn't run on my old IIcx - Motorola 68020)

Well, it should work aswell on an Macintosh, although it strongly depends on
the model you have.
You have Linux distributions available for PowerMac's and also for old 68k
Mac's.

Here are a few links:
older Macs:
http://www.linux-m68k.org/debian-mac.html
http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/status/hardware.html
PowerMacs:
http://www.macnews.de/_linuxmac/

There are of course many other sites available...
Although my knowledge is concentrated more on the PC versions, I installed
it on several PowerMacs over the last years. So maybe I can help you out, if
you want to give it a try.
And since I am also in Switzerland we might even meet someday to give it a
try if you want.

But we can discuss that off-list.

...mike

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the