Re: NTLK MP2000 cover/lid? <--Fix, don't replace!

From: Tim Cahill (tcahill@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 11:34:53 EST

Same problem here. My door hinge broke into three places after falling
to the floor. I Can't live without my Newton long enough to send it in
for repairs. I don't recommend using epoxy, because it would be
difficult to avoid gluing the pin and freezing the hinge. However, a
thin Strip of Manco Crystal Clear tape ("Meets Postal Regulations") has
worked like a charm for me. I Just taped from one side of the door,
around the exposed hinge pin, to the other side. I didn't bother trying
to tape the pieces of broken hinge. I thought It gives the Newton a
credible, well used tool appearance. So far the repair has held up for
about three months, and I have a lot of spare tape ready if I need it.

I considered using Duct tape, but I didn't want my Newton to appear to
trendy. You know how Duct tape is all the rage these days.

"Paul F. Butler" wrote:

> That's a great idea for the pins of the hinge, Rick. But my problem is on
> the lid or door itself. The pieces that hold the lid to the hinge have
> cracked. The pins of the hinge seem to be fine.
>
> Although epoxy might also fix this.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!