NTLK Alternate Cover for MP2x00?

From: Rick Berry (rick_berry@carry-safe.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 11:10:17 EST

When I received my MP2000, I marveled at the features designed into the case.

Have you noticed the indents on the ends? They look like they were made to
accomodate some kind of clip system, to secure the Newton into a bag or a
handsfree frame, or something. That's cool.

But what I want to talk about is that little cutout along the case seam, on
the edge where the lid hinges.

Does that look like a slot for a ribbon cable?

Has anyone ever talked about alternate lids for the MP2x00?
I recently broke the screen of my MP2k, partially because the lid wasn't stiff
enough to spread the force I applied to it. A wider, stiffer lid might have
prevented the $187.69 repair.

Proposal: What I'd like to see is a membrane keyboard that directly attaches
to the MP2x00 as a lid. I use my detachable keyboard a -lot- because I like
writing fiction, and the Newton lets me do it wherever I am. A keyboard
built-into the lid would be an excellent convenience.

Thoughts? Comments?

~Rick

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!