NTLK Re: Top o' the Newton day to you

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 02:03:35 EST

Paul Filmer wrote:
>A bit of blarney...
>
>By that time, Guyot's Patches 715014, 735014 and 745014 were finally
>recognized by Apple as legit works of genius, getting rid of the -10061 that
>had hobbled Newt for so long.
Lol.

Sorry to say that, but you cannot technically do anything with a system patch.
There is a limit to the patched zone. (136 kb). And if you suppose that we
could change any code all around concerning the -10061 (feasible), this
would require to play with the MMU (working on that, & with a system
update, I know how to switch to supervisor mode), tell it that it is a good
idea to replace a page of ROM (4 kb) by our own code.
The drawback is the decrease of available RAM

Regards,

Paul

----
P&M Consulting Newton Program
http://www.pnm-consulting.com/newton/

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!