NTLK Platforms used by Newton/TON Visitors

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 21:14:14 EST

After the comments regarding certain platforms by Guru's and others OTDS

I thought it would just be interesting to post this report. This is not a
platform war thread just something I thought Interesting.
These numbers are from TONs weekly traffic report:

                          BROWSERS
Netscape 4.x 47.7% [==============================> 367
MSIE 5.x 29.2% [==================> 225
MSIE 4.x 19.9% [============> 153
MSIE 2.x 1.6% [> 12
Netscape 3.x 1.0% [> 8
MSIE 3.x 0.4% [> 3
Unknown 0.1% [> 1
Other Netscape 0.1% [> 1

                         PLATFORMS
Macintosh 40.9% [===============================> 315
Windows 98 25.6% [===================> 197
Windows NT 14.8% [===========> 114
Windows 95 13.2% [==========> 102
Linux 2.2% [=> 17
Unknown 1.6% [=> 12
Solaris/SunOS 0.5% [> 4
Other UNIX 0.4% [> 3
IRIX 0.4% [> 3
OS/2 0.3% [> 2
Amiga 0.1% [> 1

Other info is the typical visitor visits at 11 am on a thursday........

I assume that portions of the Unknowns listed above are Newtons and Newtscape
etc...Correct me if I am wrong

Enjoy looking and reading way too much into the stats :0

Keep the Green™
Rich
This Old Newt
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
The Online Newton Monthly,
Home of the NewtonWebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the Largest
set of active Newton links!

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!