Re: NTLK Info: Comprehensive list of available softwaree???

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 04:00:14 EST

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 6:53 AM, Drew Loker <mailto:lokerd@hotmail.com> wrote:
> But is there anything available right now that lists and describes all
(or
> most) of the software available for the Newton?

America Online's software archives have just abour everything, and
everything has a description. I was just there yesterday, and was surprised
at the depth. There are actually multiple versions of the same program in
many cases. The archive also includes commercial demos. It's only
shortcoming is that it seems to have fallen a little out of date in the
past year, so the newest versions of some programs might not be there. You
might find it worth you while to get a free CD, and browse it for a month.

Another option, that only includes descriptions is Newton
Reference<http://www.panix.com/~clay/newton/> if it still exists. It also
has the problem that in that it hasn't been updated since '97, but it used
to contain just about everything, both hardware and software.
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5@aol.com>