Re: NTLK Info: Comprehensive list of available softwaree???

From: ken (slave1@cyberway.com.sg)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 09:38:22 EST

Hi,
just an idea..
Would anyone care to do this compilation? I mean, I think among the whole
list, we are pretty much using all of the Newton software out there..I agree
with Drew in that its a tiring affair trying to locate all the different 3rd
party apps that are needed to enhance the Newton.
Perhaps we all could do user reviews, maybe tagging them as 'review' when
they are sent to the list? I'm in the middle of a thesis right now, but
I'll be more than happy to compile all the different reviews after I am
done, meaning end of march. I do not have a web site, so someone would
have to host it. The end result would be that someone would have a really
comprehensive site that reviews/describes all or most of what is out there,
with links to the active developers too. The ongoing NewtonMad clean up
sounds like it could be retro fitted..
Interested?

cheers
ken

> From: Drew Loker <lokerd@hotmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 05:53:05 +0000 (GMT)
> To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
> Subject: NTLK Info: Comprehensive list of available softwaree???
>
> I know there are many places that have software, etc. And as some of these
> places, there are descrptions. I also know there is a works underway to
> describe what is available, etc.
>
> But is there anything available right now that lists and describes all (or
> most) of the software available for the Newton?
>
> FWIW, I feel like one of the reasons for the Newton's challenged existence
> (before it was dropped) was that it was (is) simply too dificult to get the
> machine where it was useful, i.e. 3rd party software tested, installed and
> working correctly. Quite frankly, I have spent an enourmous amount of time
> to get this Newton working to actually assist me like it should and I have
> owned my 2x00 for 3 years, and a 120 before that.
>
> Anyway, I appreciate anybody's point me to the best and most thorough list
> of available software.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!