Re: NTLK MP130 & Newtonworks?

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 16:16:28 EST

>>Okay, how about this?: can newtonworks be installed on the 130?
>
>No.
>
>Matt Garrison
>iluvmacs@macline.com

Availworks from www.pelicanware.com (I think that's the author) should work
just fine though.
and, it's still supported (well, at least purchaseable). $80? perhaps for
the NOS 2.x version, I think I read that they dropped the price for the 1.x
version way down- if it will run on NOS2.0, and do what you need, it was
$20 or $30 I think.

I think there's a demo of one of their older versions of Availworks; not
sure is it will run under NOS 2.0 or not.

anyway that's your only option for "word processor" for the sub-MP2K units.
I've never really played with using the Newt for that purpose- I'm not sure
it's really a needed thing, notes plus a couple free add-ons to access
fonts and bold, italics, etc has always been all I needed.

BTW, I'm replying to this mostly 'cos I switched to regular list mode, not
digest. If any digest subscribers (like me) :) have ever put off replying
to the list 'cos it would be a pain to trim the digest down, or
cut-n-paste, etc- think about switching to individual messages and having
them send to say a hotmail account (hotmail even lets you filter, I hear).
If I get spam to this account (I set up EIMS on my office Mac just for
this) I'll know where it came from, and that someone on the list harvested
me :) <grin>

Brian

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!