Re: NTLK question-memory cards

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 17:34:03 EST

"Lairson, David L" wrote:

> Hi, I recently bought some 1mb flash memory cards on ebay, and the
> auction said that they would work on a newton, unfortunatly they did
> not say which type of newton they would work on. I have a newton 100
> and I think they have the wrong voltage to be read. They are Intel 1mb
> Flash memory cards.
>
> I checked the Intel web site, but it is like the cards never exsisted.
> They have info on the 2mb cards, which work with NOS 2.x and the only
> difference in the model number between the two cards is one number ( i
> assume that it referes to the card size). Does anyone know anything
> about these cards? Is there a way to check the cards without a NOS 2.x
> newton? Is there someone I could trust to send them to who would check
> one of them to make sure they work?

I'm not sure if this could be harmful, so someone chime in if I'm dead
wrong, but did you actually try to insert it in your MP100? How can you
know that there are the wrong voltage?

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!