RE: NTLK Help : charging problems.

From: Bradley Smith (BradleyS@artisansw.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 10:17:23 EST

Newton's are sometimes funny about totally flat batteries. They'll tell you
that they can't charge them when really they can. I guess it's because
sometime after the battery starts to be charged the Newt checks the
battery's power and if it's below a certain level then it thinks it's not
taking a charge. All of that was a guess but I'll bet I'm right.

When I bought my UMP2000 the battery was totally flat and I got the message
saying it couldn't be charged. I just kept taking it (the battery) out and
putting it back in again (whilst the newt was plugged in to the mains) and
after a few goes the Newton eventually agreed to charge it and it's been
fine ever since!

Just my two penneth.
Brad