Re: NTLK NTLK: e-mail volume (was Appreciation for Laura)

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:24:55 EST

>For our fellow Newtoneers on the List who use web-based e-mail accounts
>where they cannot filter
messages into folders, is there anyone in standard subscription mode who has
devised a way to
deal with the sheer volume of mail?
<

Well, I am sure you probably don't want to mess with changing email, but
hotmail does allow for Filtering Mail. I have a filter that tosses many
things to the trash can before I eve see it (ie. xxx, sex, opportunity, over
18, etc.). Then, when put back in regular delivery of NTLK, I made a filter
for NTLK and routed all mail to a folder titled Newton. Then when I get a
chance to look at Newton Mail, I go to that folder, sort by subject and
delete all the FS, Remove, etc. by just clicking on it.

>It will make reading everything a lot easier...

>So what was a problem actually becomes an opportunity in so many ways for
>so many of us.

Yeah, I am at least going to give it a try. It makes it a lot easier to
reply to a note. Also, I actually feel like I might be able to contribute.
Before, I didn't get a message until midnight, and then I didn't know if it
had alredy been answered, and then replying was a pain also. I probably
wouldn't have replied to this, but since it was a single message and it
didn't look like everybody had beat it death yet, I thought I woudl throw in
my 2 cents worth. :)

Anyway, Hotmail may be worth looking at. It sure helps dealing with all of
the junk/trash/sleeze mail.

Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!