Re: NTLK Appreciation for "Laura" and all

From: Donna Dolezal Zelzer (djz@efn.org)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 10:19:47 EST

At 10:45 PM -0800 3/5/2000, Glenn Roe spoke thusly:
> Sometimes I don't get to
>check mine for several days, and can't imagine dealing with all that
>info one piece at a time. Maybe some of you in that situation could
>share how you manage?

I filter all my newtontalk messages into a separate mail folder, so
they just sit there and wait until I'm ready to deal with them. (I
have a large number of folders and sub-folders for various lists and
tasks.) Occasionally, I'll use the ability of Eudora (I get my mail
on a Mac, not on Newton) to click on a subject and group all messages
with that subject, to delete a batch of messages that I know I;m not
interested in. But I usually go through quickly them one by one.
Command-D deletes and goes on to the next message, command-right
arrow goes on to the next without deleting -- it goes pretty fast.

I prefer individual messages over digests, as I can just save the
ones that interest me and not the whole thing, or have to copy and
paste what I want from the digest.

Donna
Donna Dolezal Zelzer donna@moonlily.com
The Chariot: http://www.moonlily.com/tarot/