Re: NTLK Re: Looking for software by Yos

From: mi(c)i (mici@metastasis.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 04:19:54 EST

Robert Benschop wrote:

>>> All of the cool software by Yos can be found at:
>>> http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~yos/newton/
>>>
>>> * sketchmail
>>> * noteslider
>>> * find+
>>>
>>> Those are my favorites.
>>> -Andy
>
>> I think "ALLDatesLong" and "Shrink" will help you a lot.
>> Yos yos@venus.dti.ne.jp

> All of these don't seem too hard to figure out without a manual except
> Shrink and Find+ so if anybody can explain in detail what they do I'd be
> very much obliged.

Sketchmail
A addition for SimpleMail (or unimail) to send sketches from your Notes.
They will be converted to the GIF format, so you can send them to anyone. On
top of that you can assign every different line type from Styles to
differrent color, so you can create color pictures. See
http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~yos/newton/ for more info in English. There is
occasional bug in SimpleMail 3.3 caused by Sketchmail but i haven't tried it
with the latest beta yet.

Noteslider
NewtWorks-like scroll slider for your Notes. Unlike in the Works, you may
use the slider to scroll through all documents in the current folder.

Find+
Extended search with Find using AND, OR. i.e., Find Yos Kanazawa, Find Yos
or Kanazawa, Find Yos Kanazawa or Newton, Find (Yos Kanazawa) or Newton,
etc.

AllDatesLong
Shrinks the day overview in the Dates so you can see 16 hours of the current
day (instead of just 9).

Now I wonder what is Shrink supposed to do?

Michael Vacik
mici@metastasis.net

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!