Re: NTLK ADVICE : MessagePad Touchscreen and Case Cleaning

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 18:55:46 EST

On 3/5/2000 1:36 PM, Chris Ruprecht [mailto:chrup@earthlink.net] wrote:

>I have seen a friends Newton has a small blotch of something - looks
>like mold growing - behind the screen on her MP130. It's only visible
>when the backlight is on and it can not be wiped off, since we can't
>get to it short of opening the Newton - which I don't want to do.
>It's not guaranteed that I can get to the spot, even if I open the
>Newton.
>
>Has anybody else seen this before? I bought this Newton about 2 or 3
>months ago on eBay, so I don't know how it was treated in the past.
>Also, I didn't really notice the spot until about 3 weeks ago, so it
>might have been there before, it might not. What might be causing
>this? what are the dangers? what is a possible cure? The Newton
>itself doesn't seem to be effected by it, everything is working fine.

I have something like that too, on one of my 2x00's. Not very big or
bothersome. It's probably just a bit of dust or fluff. It's been there
all along.

  -Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!