RE: NTLK Company Card Enhancement?

From: Michael J. Hussmann (michael.hu@macmagazin.de)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 07:27:05 EST

Andrew Chen (a_s_c@compuserve.com) wrote:

> I've done a lot of programming, but none in NewtonScript. I've
> downloaded all the PDF documentation I can find, and have a copy of
> the NTK. What do you think would be a good first programming project
> that I would eventually be able to "grow" into the application that
> you describe above?

Andrew,

Planet Newton (www.planetnewton.com) hosts all the Newton developer
software, and there I found some sample code that may give you something
to build upon, even though it's from 1995:

http://download.planetnewton.com/download/programming/cardfile_sit.hqx

Quoting from the Readme:

"This sample shows several ways to extend the built in Names application
(Cardfile).
It shows two types of data that can be added via the "Add" menu, one
which allows
only a single datum (social security number) and one which allows many
items
to be added (cars.) It adds a new layout which will appear in the Show
menu
(showing the contents of the 'sorton slot.) And finally it adds a whole
new
class of cards, available through the "New" menu, with editors and
viewers
and a new 'bizcard view."

Michael J. Hussmann

Redaktion macmagazin