Re: NTLK backtalk and infrared email?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 01:04:34 EST

On 3/1/2000 6:12 PM, Ed Kummel [mailto:tech_ed@yahoo.com] wrote:

>You know, I've done this using a CE device and an
>Ericsson phone...So, it does work...BUT! I did have
>problems with certain CE devices that did not adhere
>to the IRDA standards 100%! (Philips Nino had
>problems) So, I know that the Newton doesn't even come
>close to IRDA compatibility, so I would venture a
>guess to say that this would not be very possible...
>Ed
>Web/cellphone guru

Wrong, oh cellphone guru. ;-) Perhaps you haven't heard of BackTalk,
which improves upon the basic IrDA support in the Newton 2.1 units?
They've already added support for beaming between Newtons and Palms
(something most people thought wouldn't happen), and to HP Capshare hand
scanners, and are reportedly working on talking to other devices such as
phones.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com