Re: NTLK backtalk and infrared email?

From: Bill Moser (guillermo1967@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 03:28:16 EST

Depends. Which does the actual software tasks, the phone or the PDA?

If it can be done, you'll probably need the Lantern DDK (NIE 2.0 device
driver kit). It's mainly for Ethernet card drivers, but it could probably to
hack to the IR port.

Bill M.
<<
You know, I've done this using a CE device and an
Ericsson phone...So, it does work...BUT! I did have
problems with certain CE devices that did not adhere
to the IRDA standards 100%! (Philips Nino had
problems) So, I know that the Newton doesn't even come
close to IRDA compatibility, so I would venture a
guess to say that this would not be very possible...
Ed
Web/cellphone guru>>

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com