Re: NTLK eMate Power Problems

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 16:05:37 EST

on 01-03-2000 7:44, Christopher Myers at camyers@rocketmail.com wrote:

> To give you an example. I completely drained, then recharged the battery on
> Sunday. Today when I went to use it, the battery was drained and would not
> turn on without AC. The funny thing is I have not used it the whole week.
> The only thing that has changed since is I have installed the memory
> upgrade. It seems to have worked fine since I installed the memory upgrade.

After your memory upgrade you should install the latest system update
737246.
You can see which system update you have if you tap the "i" in the bottom
left corner of your Extras drawer and choose "memory info".
If you install this upgrade it might give you messages that it "won't work
with this system", don't worry, shouldn't give any problems afterwards,
depends of the make of the memory upgrade.
With this upgrade your eMate will be able to recognize the extra heap
(memory) and will improve it's battery management.
In case that this doesn't solve your problems just post to the list again,
I'll post a short manual how to replace your batteries (not very difficult)

Robert Benschop

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com