Re: NTLK SBM Utilities

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce@cloud9.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 20:16:06 CDT

>Can anybody please enlighten us on what this seemingly wonderful software does? Their website doesn't have much of an introduction.

Think of it as Norton Utilities for your MessagePad (if you're familiar with the suite of disc utilities for a desktop computer). It's perhaps most useful for performing backups to Cards, which tend to be easier to use and more reliable than those created by Newton Connection Utilities. (Frozen packages are handled more efficiently, for example.) I have a 24MB card for just this purpose, which usually holds two sets of complete backups (MessagePad and Card).

It's well worth the investment, for the backup and restore functions alone.

BRIAN/bpearce@cloud9.net