Re: NTLK Useless to Resist

From: Philip Bennett (pbnt@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 07:05:08 CDT

on 6/24/00 1:17 AM, KCole at quickink@pacbell.net wrote:

>> ------------------------------
>> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:53:48 -1000
>> From: "Paul G. Grothaus" <pgrothaus@hibiotech.com>
>>
>>> If you think most people in different countries have wild stereotypes about
>>> each other you would be amazed at the ideas that most Mainland Americans
>>> (both US and Canada) have about Hawaii......The geographic and cultural
>>> stupidity of the average American is truly staggering.
>>

> Now we're talking! Hawaiians believe both US and Canadian mainlanders are
> staggeringly stupid! It all begins to fall together! No wonder I can never
> get the clock-radio set right!:-)
>
> When I moved to New York (to college) from Arizona, someone seriously asked if
> I knew John Wayne. Of course all I knew about NY was muggers at night in
> Central Park, the Empire State
> Building, and I was pretty sure the Statue of Liberty was around there
> someplace....
>
> Heidelberg is an absolutely beautiful town,... and everything you believe
> about Texans is true. K<

> Visit the NewtonTalk section at http://www.planetnewton.com

All right, I have no idea what you all are talking about. I live in South
Alabama. We all drive old pickup trucks with guns racks in the back window,
and real guns on them. We generally use a very corrupted form of Elizabethan
English, are married to our sisters, live in a mobile home. keep a moonshine
still in our back yard, watch out for revenueers, decorate our lawns with
one or two abandoned cars up on cement block, and don't know that the Civil
War (we call it the War Between the States) is over yet.