NTLK Newtons for sale

From: Sunny Ee (seewk@mbox2.singnet.com.sg)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 10:45:18 CDT

Hi Planetnewton community readers,

I have used Newtons from series 110 through to 2000 and loved them for its
integration and ease of use. It is now time for me to move on and would like
to see someone who could make better use of these wonderful PDAs...

I was able to take minutes during meetings and edit and send off the minutes
all within one hour of the meeting courtesy of the Newton. This was in 1995,
when such things were quite unheard off with PDAs! Created quite a stir at
my company then.

For sale:
I have an Apple Newton Messagepad 130 and 2000 (original and not upgraded)
for sale. This package comes with one Apple Newton charger, Newton
rechargeable batteries, Apple Newton keyboard, original box contents with
diskettes and connection wires for connection to PC/Mac for both Messagepad
130 and 2000.

The upside is that you can do email, surf on these machines with the
installed software.

I also have an Apple Newton 2 MB flash memory card slotted into the
Messagepad 2000.

The downside is this:
1) The backlight for the Messagepad 130 refuses to come on, even with a
software switch. But I've learned to live without the backlight :-)

I can print direct to Apple Stylewriter from the printer's cable.
Can email, etc

2) For the Messagepad 2000, I do not seem to be able to get the Newton
keyboard to work. It could be the converter connector of the Messagepad 2000
that is at fault.

The keyboard works fine on the Messagepad 130.

Emailing and surfing works fine.

I would prefer to sell in one bundle. Buyer bears the shipping/courier
costs.

Please make me an offer offline, if you are interested.

Thanks

Regards
sunny
seewk@mbox2.singnet.com.sg