NTLK RE: Socket PageCard

From: Bob Dawson (bdawson@tl.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:16:44 CDT

I had a Page Card for a while (still have it if anyone wants to buy it) but
quit using it because the service was way too expensive for how I wanted to
use it. I had my e-mail set up to forward certain messages to the page card.
It worked pretty well but would only forward the first 256 characters and I
could never find a way to strip the headers so I would get little more than
header info on many messages. Then I discovered the page company had
misrepresented the fee sked and I was getting charged through the nose for
all the "pages" I was getting so I did the math and shopped around and found
I could have a cell with boo-coo minutes for less than I was paying for the
pagecard service.

Onward & Upwards,
        --bd--

Bob Dawson