Re: NTLK A few questions..

From: Frédéric Pach (f.pache@skynet.be)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:17:12 CDT

le 31/05/2000 16:43, Harold_Clitheroe@cpr.ca à Harold_Clitheroe@cpr.ca a
écrit :

> Ok.. after a long hiatus, I'm back.. (in 1996, I was mugged
> and my MP2000 was stolen..) I was unable to get a replacement
> and was forced to deal with the evil minions of Palm and CE.
> Last month, I turned 50 and my son rewarded me with an MP100
> he found on Ebay.. That got me back in the groove, so after much
> work, I'm the proud owner of a nearly mint MP2100. Fortunately
> I kept most of my old 2000 software. Its so good to be back
> to a super-PDA that actually is useful and productive.
> Anyway.. my questions..
>
> 1: Flash ram cards..
> Can I use the flash ram cards for a Cisco router in my Mp2100
> 2: Web browsing..
> I got my 3com ethernet card to work, and at home I have no problems
> plugging into the hub to my cable modem and surfing/emailing..However,
> when I use it at work (NT network), I can get an IP address, but no matter
> how I try with nethopper, I can't seem to get proxy authentication working.
> Is there some difference in the way the newt sends authentication? Our
> firewall
It seems the IP address your Newton come from the NT serveur (service DHCP).
The firewall must be warned that this IP is granted to go to the Net.
Also maybe the proxy must received a login/password to grant you. I don't
know if NetHopper has preferences for that point.
Nevertheless, I'm happy to know that Cisco cards are usable for the Newton.