Re: NTLK MP2k <-> iMac

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:55:07 CDT

>> Also, am I missing something in setting up a ethernet connection to NCU?
>> The instructions say to set your AppleTalk settings on the desktop mac
>> to 'ethertalk'. I don't have this as a choice in the drop down menu!
>> Hopefully this isn't something lost via OS9 or something.... Any tips
>> would be appreciated.

You should choose "Ethernet", not "Ethertalk" (the old term for
Ethernet-based AppleTalk, as different from the serial-based LocalTalk
AppleTalk cabling scheme)

If you don't have an Ethernet choice, they you don't have the Ethernet
drivers (Extensions installed) or have them turned off with the Extension
Manager control panel. Try turning them back on or installing the OS
again, it should re-add the necessary extensions (although it maybe smart
enough to see that you have them shut off currently and not
bother.....make sure that they are not shut off! Look for anything with
Ethernet, Enet or Appletalk in the name in your disabled extensions.)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/